In applying for financial aid, you accept certain rights and responsibilities. Failure
to comply with your responsibilities may result in the cancellation or reduction of
your financial aid.
As a student you have the right to:
- Know what financial assistance is available to you, including all federal, state,
and institutional financial aid programs.
- Know the deadlines for submitting applications for applicable financial aid programs
and the process required.
- Know how your financial need is determined, including how cost of attendance budgets
- Know what resources are considered in the calculation of your financial need, and
how much of your need as determined by CCC has been met.
- An explanation of the types of aid contained in your financial aid award as well as
how to retain eligibility for those funds (if applicable).
- Request a review of your current financial situation if you meet certain criteria
based on changes since filing the current aid year FAFSA application.
- Know what portion of your aid package is grant or gift aid, and what portion must
be repaid. In addition, you have the right to know interest rates, total amount to
be repaid, procedures for repayment, when repayment begins, and how long you have
to repay the loan.
- Know the criteria for continued financial aid eligibility, including guidelines for
the determination of Satisfactory Academic Progress as defined by the Department of
- Know the method and frequency of financial aid disbursements.
- Know the terms, conditions, and pay rate for any student job you accept
- Appeal any decision with the CCC Financial Aid Office in regard to your financial
- CCC’s refund policy.
- The satisfactory academic progress requirements and procedures for aid recipients.
As a student you have the responsibility to:
- Be aware of your ability to pay any institutional charges based on your available
financial aid and personal resources.
- Review and understand the terms and conditions of your financial aid award.
- Complete all requirements accurately, in a timely manner, and by the appropriate deadlines.
- Inform us of any outside scholarships, assistantships, or additional resources that
- Fill out the FAFSA application completely and accurately. If selected for verification
you will provide all requested documents in a timely manner, and ensure that all submitted
materials are complete and accurate. Falsification of information on application forms
for federal financial assistance is considered a criminal offense, and you may be
subject to penalties under the U.S. Criminal Code.
- Read and understand all forms that you are asked to submit or sign, realizing that
you are legally responsible for all agreements that you sign.
- Know and comply with all CCC policies and procedures
- Reapply for financial aid each year by filing the Free Application for Federal Student
Aid (FAFSA) and submitting all required documents to the UI OSFA. Financial aid is
not automatically renewed each year.
- Comply with the provisions of any promissory note and all other agreements you sign.
- Check your student email account often since some information and requests are sent
- Keep your permanent addresses current with the CCC Registrar's Office
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress (SAP).
- Know the implications that dropping a course or withdrawing from the CCC will have
on your student financial aid.
- Use student financial aid proceeds solely for direct educational costs and related
- Use financial aid funds solely for educational purposes.
- Declare a degree and only enroll in classes that are part of this associate degree
or certificate offered by CCC.
- Financial aid cannot pay for classes that do not count toward that degree objective